10 Nov Ep. 67: Feeling Weird, Dull, Uninspired? Realign Yourself with Joy: Just Kimberley
This episode is part recap of Ep. 66 with Libby Gifford and part confessional. I resonated with all the topics discussed in last week’s episode, that I wanted to give you my perspective on some of the topics discussed such as:
- finding significance in the Wrong Things
- misplaced priorities. What I think about the most, obsess over the most- mirrors my true priorities. Which is scary sad!
- Re-Aligning myself with Joy- breaking free from the comfortable, but miserable to reestablish joy in life
- Motivated by Fun by creating space for the Soul to Breathe
- Classic Films and Good Books and Music
Motivated by Fun: What does that mean? What is White Space? And How can I get some??
How does one create breathing room in the Holiday Season? Where even the smallest amounts of commitment can seem overwhelming to a packed out schedule? I cannot give you a 10 step plan.. but here is what I can do:
- Definition: White Space/ Margin for Me- is anything that gives me life, refreshes my soul, or brings a lightness to my mind, body and spirit.
- What this looks like (for Me): Walks and Hikes outdoors. If I have company- even better. but otherwise- no music, no earbuds, only the sound of my breathing and nature’s music
- Spending one-on one time with my kids. Un-rushed, on fussing allowed. With E- it usually involves making things, or playing beauty shop. For my boys- it is literally pushing a truck back and forth and me giving them lots of affection.
- Saying no to things that are actually really awesome, but may not be the Most beneficial to my soul at the time.
- Prayer, Psalm 91. Sit still.
- My Epic fail as Mom- Maverick’s birthday party- Hard Conversation with my husband about my priorities.
- My struggle with productivity and Significance and the misplacement of what truly matters.
Movie Classics (Awesome for the Holidays)
- The Shop Around the Corner (1945) with Jimmy Stewart
- Christmas in Connecticut (1945) with Barbara Stanywek
- Little Women (Winona Ryder version) but the Elizabeth Taylor version is good too!
- The Mommy Project Ep. 66 with Libby Gifford and Go check out her Instagram!! So So Good.
- The Influence Network Ep. 54 with Christa Black Gifford (if You are Pregnant- wait to listen in your postpartum ) This episode wrecked me- in a good way- and had a huge impact on my podcast life!
- thanks to Libby- I found a new band to love
- —-> The Lone Bellow (Spotify)
- The Atonement Child by Francine Rivers. (This is an oldie but a goodie… and if you have read it before- it is worth a re-read!!)