31 Mar Ep. 36- “Opting out” of the Career to be Home.
- Time Management vs. Life Management
- Article about the dreaded question: “What do you do?: A Stay at Home Mother’s most Dreaded Question.
- The Quotidian Poet- Anne Bradstreet.
- Puritan Work Ethic
- Boss Lady- P31 woman.
- Why comparing ourselves to other women is a soul-killing pursuit.
Tips and Tricks:
- Having a Curriculum/ or simple goals
- Reading the entire Laura Ingalls Wilder Series to your nursing infant keeps the boredom at bay
- Create a Calendar and plan 1 outing a day. The Library is a good place to go.
- Journal/ When you wonder how to calculate your day- write down Everything you do in that day
- Don’t forget to be still.
Quotes to Love:
“I read an article somewhere at some point and I am sure its a credible source!”
“Our Culture worships at the alter of busyness. We brag about how busy we are without acknowledging it is a brag.”
Its not Time management, but Life Management. How are we qualifying our time.
Wash on Monday,
Iron on Tuesday,
Mend on Wednesday,
Churn on Thursday,
Clean on Friday,
Bake on Saturday,
Rest on Sunday.” ~ Little House in the Big Woods p. 28 – 29.
Music to Listen for:
Jimi Hendrix “American Woman.”
Alabama Shakes “Always Alright.”