25 Mar Ep.35- The Momma Project- Breastfeeding, Nazi Nurses, and Chainsmokers… its all here on The Podcast Project
The Podcast Project invites Shelley Amos on the podcast to discuss Breastfeeding tips, supplements and “what I wish I had known” tricks. Shelley is a registered nurse, wife to a worship minister and mom of 3.
This episode has the vibe of 2 friends siting at a coffee shop and catching up on life. It is also broken into 3 parts.
Part one: Breastfeeding: our experiences, what we wish we had known, supplements, and what to do if you have mastitis, engorgement, what to do if your baby Will NOT take a bottle, and How to handle a Nazi Nurse in the hospital.
Part 2: we discuss : how having kids rocked our world and some of the particular challenges we face on a day to day basis.
Part 3: How to find the Serenity when the house is a zoo, kids are fighting, and you are hating life.
- GIFs- this useful tool of communicating your feelings without sending your SO into hiding.
- Amazon overnight Crayola Washable paint and the use of a Garbage bag. (great trick)
- What Alice Forgot by Laine Moriarty (an excellent read for any woman of any age)
- Gaia Lactation Support (helps with the Quality and Quantity of milk supply) I buy my supply on Amazon- great for moms who pump.
- Jump on the Trampoline, dance Parties and Alex Crafts (Amazon)
- Love & Outcome – In God Alone
- Excess Lipase IN Breastmilk- and How to save the Pumped Breastmilk- great article. About Scalding the milk before freezing. This is especially helpful information if you have a baby who will NOT take a bottle.