01 Dec Ep. 25- Christmas Time- December Resolutions.. Why Not Start Now.
What I will do:
- Emphasize The Christmas Story (Luke 2: 1-20) to my children- more than the Santa Culture.
- Get out of the Funk – and Read Children’s Lit (Little House in the Big Woods, Little Women, Winnie the Pooh). I learn so much from children and literature for them.
- Not over spending. (no 1000 cookie bake offs, expensive decorations, buying, buying and more buying.)
- Use what I have. (Go “shop” through my house for Christmas Decor)
- Limit Sugar- I don’t want to end the year: bloated, moody and needing a sugar detox.
- Watch The Christmas Story, While You Were Sleeping and Elf as many times as I want.
- Listen to Awesome Tunes such as Penny and Sparrow Christmas Album (Spotify)
- Exercise daily- my best and healthiest coping skill with stress.
- Get in Bed with a good Book, and a large mug of coffee, tea, or my favorite Wassail.
- Say No to family drama, gossip and complaining.
What I won’t do:
- Misuse my indulgences: Save it for my Mom’s Sweet Potato Pie Squares with Shortbread Crust. or a Nice size slice of homemade pie…. NOT knock off candy, cookies, chips and whatever else comes.
- Fuss Over the MESS. (I live with 1 husband, and 3 little kids… my house is never up to my tidy standards… but for this month- I will relax.)
- Watch Too Much TV.
- Try to Fill Up the Days with Stuff.
- Compare my self, my house, my kids, my pocketbook, my heart, my mind to others. That’s Just dumb
- Forget to laugh.
- Forget to Pray.
Special Mentions in the Podcast:
Myquillin Smith – The Nester. (The Nesting Place – home decor, awesome hacks! Love this book)
Penny and Sparrow (Awesome Music – my favorite song is Come Thy Fount… They do an amazing- edifying rendition! )
Evie and Maverick Roberson are special guest on the show.