12 Jul Ep. 04 – Mid-Summer recommends, you step out of the comfort zone- plus extended Read Watch Listen.
How does one survive the Hell – otherwise known as Deep South Summer? …. 20$ inflated swimming pools, cold watermelon or honeydew, half/half lemonade tea, and wearing practically nothing in the comfort of your own home.
- a working air-conditioner or a go-for broke vacation to somewhere a little less oppressive.
- Kettle Cooked Jalapeño chips
- early morning walks
- lime or lemon water. Lots of it. Helps with post pregnancy swelling or if you just ate a lot of bacon… just saying.
- frozen desserts: frozen fruit like berries or bananas, frozen birthday cake ice cream, homemade ice-cream with fresh peaches, frozen chocolate chips – you get the picture.
- Books- which do not take a lot of thought or require much concentration. When it is 1000 degrees outside- can anyone focus on a deep and ponder inducing masterpiece? Not me.
- have your baby 3 weeks early and you will instantly cool down and slim up! Instant diet!
- have as many parties as the budget allows. Invite old friends, new friends, people only known from the favorite local coffee shop, neighbors, siblings you like, parents, and people you don’t really like, but hope to improve the relationship.
- Wear as few clothes as possible- just try to not offend your neighbors.
- Iced Coffee. Home brew, Death Wish Coffee.
Trends- I do not understand:
- Hamilton– I like the song… “What’d I Miss.” other than that.. don’t get the obsession and die hards for this broadway musical- however, I am willing to give it a go.
- Adults who still refer to their mother as “mommy.”
- Women who call their husband “daddy.”
- Pageants of any kind- outdated and stupid.
- All personality test and those people who repeatedly say their personality label in normal conversation. “I’m a INSJ.., he is a ENFP? I mean what???!!
- Loud Smelly Perfume.. otherwise known as the classics… aka Chanel.
- The Beach Photo- sunset, white, bloated sunburned faces.
- Solicitors who ring my door bell at naptime!
- too much Media, News.
Read Watch Listen:
Reading: for Summer- In the dog days- I tend to go back to old favorites:
- Heartburn– Nora Ephron
- Little Paris Kitchen– Rachel Khoo
- The Nesting Place– Myquillyn Smith “The Nester.”
- Outside the Lines– Curated by Souris Hong-Porretta
Watch- I have been watching a lot of bad TV lately- sad, I know. But – I love YouTube – here are a few favorites subscriptions: Casey Neistat, Lip Sync Battle- The Tonight Show with Jimmy Kimmel, Craig Roberson, and A Beautiful Mess.
Movies: Heat– Melissa McCarthy and Sandra Bullock. This is 40! – Leslie Mann and Paul Rudd. Documentary: Everything is Copy. found on HBO Go
Listening: Podcast: this may be a little meta…. but I have some podcasts that seem to find its way into my daily convo. Both of these podcasts are hilarious, but I should mention Honey– is not suitable for small ears.
The Popcast with Knox McCoy and Jamie B. Golden.
Honey. with Julia Meltzer. Beauty Secrets Human Tears- on HairPin– Just to give you a small dose of her type of humor and satire.