25 Sep Ep. 15- Rockin the Vegas Wedding and Loving the Bayou life. Special Guest: Meredith McKinnie
Guest this week is my boss! Meredith McKinnie. is on the podcast. She is a boss lady, newlywed, writer, fitness instructor and teacher.With all the roles Meredith plays- she brings a fresh perspective on what it means to be a 30-something living out her truth.
What is discussed in this episode:
Boss Lady Role: Leadership, knowing how to be direct and diplomatic.
The Teacher: Matthew Thomas- We are Not Ourselves.
The Writer: articles for Bayou Life – Meredith’s Musings –
My Sister is a Junkie– Meredith’s Musings and owning our story! Thinking with the larger picture in mind.
She Said Yes…at 20 Bayou Life
The Newlywed: Married in Vegas- and Loving for Life.
The discussion on why second marriages are better/ Top reasons why second marriages are the Best!
- Honesty. Kindness. Steady.
- Expectations are more realistic.
- No Games.
- Bath Chats.
- Authenticity / No egg Shells/ No Silent Treatment
- We know what we want and Especially what we don’t want.
- Modern Love
- The Moth
- Dear Sugar– special mentioned episode: Can a Sexual Assault Survivor Love a Rapist? ep. 63
- Death, Sex & Money
- The Baby-Sitters Club Club
- Memoirs, Novels, and the Classics
- Wild by Cheryl Strayed
- Love Warrior by Glennon Doyle Melton
- A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith
- Girl on the Train. by Paula Hawkins
Documentary- Netflix- The Sixties. The “I have a Dream.” speech by Martin Luther King and Letter from Birmingham Jail by Martin Luther King.
Quotes to Love:
“I don’t know what I think until I read what I say.” – Meredith’s writing process reveals her true thoughts.
I love the Raw- I love truth. I love when people split themselves open and reveal who they are.” – Meredith- on why she loves memoirs- the most recent being Love Warrior by Glennon Doyle Melton.
“I used to gloss over injustices and now they pierce me.” Meredith and how she loves to “feel all the feels.”
“He Just lets me do my crazy.” Bath chats and Second marriages are the Best!
If you like what you hear- leave us a comment and Subscribe to the podcast on iTunes. Share the love!