16 Mar Ep. 79: Sarah MacKenzie: Becoming a Read Aloud Revival Family.
Dongyang I have one of my favorite podcasters on The Mommy Project- Sarah Mackenzie. She is a writer, podcaster, homeschooling mama of 6 and a fellow lover of all things children’s lit.
- how stories create these amazing conversations with our kids.
- the book that turned us into readers and how this book reflects our literacy narratives
- books that are on the “classic kid -lit” list – that we simply do NOT get…
- Awesome questions to ask your kids after you read aloud
*Some of My favorite RAR Episodes;
*There are SO Many favorites, but these particular episodes have inspired me in motherhood, my professional life as a writing professor, as well as my personal deep connection to characters in these stories.
- Anansi and the Moss- Covered Rock
- Understood Betsy- Dorothy Canfield
- Matilda by Roald Dahl
- Laura Ingalls Wilder Series
- Little Britches
- The Little Prince
- Brave Irene by William Steig (Meryl Streep reads this book on audible.. its my favorite!)